Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jumping Frogs

We went to the fair last weekend. the boys went on lots of rides, eah costing a bloody fortune, but I'm not going to complain, we had a good time, and that's the main thing. I had a go on the Flipping Frogs onto the lilly pads thing. So did my wife, (She won a soft toy!) and my wife's freind also had a go, but like me, didn't win anything.

Anyway. The two ladies fired off first, and both were pathetic, the frogs barely left the catapult, plopping harmlessly just the other side of the counter - Not going anywhere near the spinny, carousel type device with the spalshing water fountain. I figured, that these catapults therefore needed a bit of a hefty whack with the rubber mallet, because surely the girls wouldn't have started with such a pathetic feeble hit, not BOTH of them!!

I was of course wrong!.......

I lined up, and brought the mallet down with a mighty smack. It is probably at this point I should issue the following warning:

Before bringing the mallet down onto the catapult, ensure that your non-hammer holding hand is not in line with either the trajectory of the mallet, or under the catapult.

I'm surprised that warning sign was not clearly displayed on the stall - Perhaps I ought to sue?

However, apart from hurting my fingers, I did manage to hit the catapult right on the button, with a fair amount of force. Had my suspicion that the catapults were fairly stiff been correct, then I'm sure it would have been a very good shot, landing right in the middle of the lilly pads. that was not to be the case though. the frog sailed through the air, to the far side of the stall, and hit a woman who was just setting up her own frogs.

My remaining shots were better!

No comments: