Friday, December 23, 2005

Guanabana? Lychee? Guava?

The Daily Grind

Well – I’ve just had a most unpleasant bacon sandwich, and yes, apparently an unpleasant bacon sandwich really does exist – The company decided to treat us, probably to help some get over hangovers from last nights Christmas party! So they bought a truck load of bacon sandwiches…. We were all looking forward to a lovely bacon sandwich, cooked to our own specific requirements. Crispy bacon with butter, crispy bacon - no butter, smoked back with a smidge of brown sauce, raw bacon with a slice of lemon – (Strange person at that desk!) – I’m sure you get the picture, and then our order arrives – (OK, so it’s over an hour late, but never mind) – Ahh, the smell of bacon hits the nasal passages in a way that only bacon can. Then we start to unwrap. Hmm, Soggy boiled bacon between two crumpled slices of bread which may or may not have been touched by the butterknife? – who ordered that then? – (I think I’d prefer the lemon on raw bacon!!!)……Next one, - Oh good - Soggy boiled bacon between two crumpled slices of bread which may or may not have been touched by the butterknife, followed by Soggy boiled bacon between two crumpled slices of bread which may or may not have been touched by the bu….. I think I see a pattern forming here. Now, those of you that know me from the past, or who have been reading my blog, know that I’m a veritable dustbin when it comes to food, so of course I managed to eat mine, but I must say, I’ve had better food from the bins outside the Kentucky Fried Chicken. But there we go. Credit to the food place though, when we complained, they sent over a full refund, and a bag of goodies which included cakes, and cans of drink…. Any suggestions as to which would be nicer from this selection of exotic fizzy drinks? – Lychee, Guanabana or Guava – (You learn something new every day – I just didn’t know you could get bat-poo flavoured drink.)

No comments: