Monday, October 03, 2005

The POPULAR 5 on MINIT

Music -PLEASE NOTE - All images / music files have been deleted

Well – I haven’t got much to say today – Soul do at Greenham was pretty good. Although the music was a little predicatable., you know, all the stuff you’ve got on the ‘Best Of …. Soul LP’s’ – Did plenty of dancing, but didn’t hear anything that made me go “WOW, I’ve never heard this before.” – Didn’t sell any records, but then I really didn’t try.

I asked the DJ for Jackie Wilson’s – ‘Baby Workout’ – He didn’t have it, but said he could play Higher and Higher, or Sweetest Feeling instead. Now Workout is no rarity, so I’m not asking too much am I? –OK the other 2 tracks are good, but you pick up any old CD, with a sniff of Jackie Wilson, and that’s what you’ll find – Why even if you just collect the free CD’s given away with the daily papers you’ve probably managed to snag both of these tracks at least once – But Hey Ho…….. AND another thing – while I’m on a roll. WHY do DJ’s play from these silly mixed compilations – where one track runs into the next, so you either end up with a clipped short track, or – (EVEN WORSE) A brief snippet from the start of the next track. OK – use these CD’s as a reference point, if you want to hear a load of music, but if there is stuff you want – FOR GOD SAKE either find a real copy of it on single, or at the very least get it on a CD where there is a gap between tracks. I’m not one of the se stuffed shirts that thinks you should ONLY play original 45’s, but I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to using ready mix CDs………..AND……..Who the HELL Plays medley’s? – MEDLEY’S???? – What’s the point in that eh? – You get halfway through a track you really like, dancing round like a dervish only to be cut short, in mid stride with admittedly another great track, but it really hacks me off……and relax!!!!

Today’s track is on the Minit Label – I did try and ask about it on another Blog – But the link didn’t work. SO – Any ideas? -



Incidentally, the flip side is a great soul mover version of Thurston Harris – Little Bitty Pretty One – (Or should that be Bobby Day?)

No comments: