Thursday, November 24, 2005

BSAck again

The Motorcycle Diary

Sorry folks, I’m stealing bandwidth again! – Once again the BSA A7 is on the market, due to some time wasting **** who placed the winning bid, then didn’t collect…. Kept in contact long enough to cost me a late payment on my credit card, get charged the E-bay commission , and can’t declare him as a non paying bidder or even leave negative feedback. I could use a lot of expletives here, but won’t bother – You can add your own if you so choose.. Anyway – The upshot of it is – I have to re-advertise – paying once more a listing fee and all sundries that go along with it.
BSA A7 Plunger – 1950 chopper / bobber – NOT Triumph, Norton,

The A7 (500cc) Plunger is a 1950 model, it is not registered, and is in a stripped condition – (rolling chassis, engine and tinware etc.) The frame has not been chopped, so would not be too hard to build as either a chop, or restored to original. I believe that all the major components are here, including magneto etc.. Engine is not seized, and appears to be OK internally but I have never heard it run. This needs a lot of work to put back together, but will make a lovely project machine, whichever way you want to take it!


The picture of this machine ONLY shows a rough layout of the intended look of this bike. The seat, rear guard and tank have just been placed in position, as this is basically the frame, forks and wheels bolted together, with all other parts boxed.



Viewings can be arranged, and I can send more photographs via e-mail of any particular detail you wish to see .

No carriage charge - Buyer to collect from Newbury – The bike is not running, so will need to be collected with trailer or pick-up



10% Deposit to be sent within 10 days of auction end via cheque or PayPal – remainder can be paid in cash on collection. – THIS is NOT negotiable this time – As I was let down BIGTIME by the previous time wasting bidder- who never even came down to view the bike, nor sent any money!



If you have ANY questions at all, please do not hesitate in emailing me – jlunn@hama.co.uk












3 comments:

robotjam said...

Have you ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance ? Its suprisingly like your blog in a roundabout sort of way.

Jayster said...

No – I must admit I didn’t think it really existed. Every now and then I hear mention of Zen and The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance, but have always thought it is some sort of urban myth. – sometimes I’m just far too lazy to look into these things. – Perhaps now I’ll have to actually find a copy.

robotjam said...

If you email me your address I will send it to you.