Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Roids

The Daily Grind
Well – following yesterdays post I am deliriously happy that (unlike on previous occasions.) my piles have gone external already. Normally I’m treated to a few days of itchy, achy bum, before the damned things poke their ugly little heads out. NOT this time! - Nope, today I’ve got a fair sized grape hanging out of my bum, refusing to go back. This has brought about its own little problems.

1 – I am now using copious amounts of Anusol, and here’s a little thing with bum cream….. WHY does it have to have that particular smell? – I mean, it is an unmistakeable smell, and quite strong at that. – It seems to overpower most soaps, so even if you throroughly wash your hands after application – (which of course I DO, because to not wash after applying said bum cream would be nasty in the extreme…unthinkable even.) It still leaves a lingering odour.
Now, if you have cause to use some other odious remedy – Deep heat, Vicks chest rub, etc, then it’s not immediately apparent what you are using it for, or where exactly – Deep heat can be for any muscle ache, pretty much anywhere, Vicks, ? – Well, OK, that’s going to be on your chest and helping with a cold or similar – but that’s unlikely to offend.
Bum cream on the other hand….. people must sniff it out and think “I know what that is, I know where it’s gone, and I also know EXACTLY how you applied it - So no thank you I do not want a cup of tea!”

2 – this morning I grabbed my little tube from the bathroom and …..(OK so tell me NOW that this wasn’t going to be a good idea……TOO BLOODY LATE NOW!!!!)……slipped it into my trouser pocket. Just in case I needed a little Anusol fix at work. – But then thinking about it, I don’t think I’d get up the nerve to take it into the loos for a quick Up the jacksy relief… - However, I did, then promptly forgot it was there. Then I leant against a desk – (once again, I feel that my tale of woe is becoming horribly transparent). Of course, not long after I wondered why my trouser leg felt a mite tacky, so put my hand in my pocket….. All my fingers came out a delicious shade of chalky white. Wonderful! – Also wonderful is the fact that I stink of bum cream. - Now it doesn't matter if i wash my hands, I've got a pocket full of the stuff.

Note to self – Remember to cut finger nails tonight!

5 comments:

Brooks said...

Did you poke it with a stick? Or maybe you could get Steve McQueen to poke it with a stick.

Sorry about your ass.

Jayster said...

Now - would poking it with a stick refer to the roids - which of course I haven't! - I've just poked it with my finger, or to the pocket full of Anusol, which I scooped out with a plastic bag?

I've also got a cough..... Yes, that helps!

Anonymous said...

If they get bad enough, they'll hospitalise you, you know.

Then some ironic bastard will bring you a bunch of grapes in.

Jayster said...

I make myself feel marginally better by remembering a friend of mine who had piles at a weekender so bad that they burst. he was really NOT at all well. His bed looked like he'd bagged himself a virgin. Bleurgh!

Mosher said...

Mmmm.... bum cream. Great on doughnuts.