Thursday, November 03, 2005

The importance in the size of your hand.

The Daily Grind

I’m tired…I’ve been tired for days, weeks even. This is due mainly to the fact that my youngest son has decided that proper wake up time is in the region of 5.30am. Sunday was even less impressive – (See my previous post!). Last night Star Wars episode 2 was on TV, so I stayed up until the dizzying time of 9.00pm so that I could get the video recorder going for my eldest son. – Job done, straight to bed, asleep before my head hit the pillow……… and I do mean DEEP sleep . Zedsville centre, if you will.

Then, I’m woken from my slumber by the unmistakeable sound of my youngest son crying, so bleary eyed, I look for my clock to find out the time – (it’s dark, but that means nothing, I’m used to it being dark!) – Clock isn’t there, having been hidden by son one and his friend! – At last I locate it in one of my bedside drawers, and still bleary eyed, work out that it is a little before 5.am. Mrs Jayster suggests that I dose Son two with Calpol and settle him back down again…… BUT I know better, and figure that’s he’s going to be awake in about half an hour anyway, so I might as well take him down now, in the hopes that he doesn’t wake #1. – (I’ve had a pretty good nights sleep, so I might as well let everybody else get a bit more kip.)

I take him downstairs, settle him on the settee and get him some Calpol, put the kettle on for a cup of tea, check the video to make sure I got the end of Star Wars OK…… this is where things start going a bit wrong! – Video recorder is still recording!!!! – ODD??? – Maybe the tape broke?, Maybe I just F****d up again - Either way – I can’t watch Star Wars now – (More to the point, nor will #1, later on!), then I notice the clock in the kitchen. That can’t be right???? 11.45pm??? By this time, Mrs Jayster comes downstairs, wondering what the hell I’m up to bringing #2 down in the middle of the night!

So I take him back up, and he drifts off to sleep again. Then me and Mrs Jayster have a cup of tea, then back to bed – To wake up properly at about 6.00am – (bit of a lie in today after all!)

The File Bucket seemed to have spilled out again, or sprung a leak, or some other suitable water related pun – End result is the same though is the same. I no longer have any images or sound clips to pleasure you with!

Music
I AM THE SELF APPOINTED MANAGER OF HOLD MUSIC!

Everybody needs a special job title of special importance…..that is mine. I have selected all the tracks that are on our company hold music, and there’s some killer stuff in the mix too! – How many companies do you know that feature Northern Soul / funk monsters exclusively? For some reason, the machinery is clipping all the ends short – But no matter! – I’m currently enjoying Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown, Al TNT Braggs, Howard Peters, Bettye Swann etc.

The Motorcycle Diary
Let's not mention this to anybody eh? - Our little secret!


The Art Project

HAH - surely you jest? - with everything else going on around me - you think I've got time to spare on ART Projects? - That be the case. YOU is madder than I!

Thought For The Day

No matter what time of day it is, you need to know the difference between the big hand and the little hand!

No comments: