Friday, September 23, 2005

The bike didn't happen!

The Daily Grind
Note To Self - DON’T wear light grey pegs to work……. EVER.. – (see note from the earliest posts in this blog for an explanation.)

Music
OOPs – I let my addiction creep out of control yesterday – (I’ve got some fine soul tracks heading my way though.!)

The Motorcycle Diary
Well – Here it is Friday, and as if by a miracle……. I drove to work, in my car. – “What’s odd about that then?” I hear you say – Well, if you did just say that, you haven’t been reading the blog!
Wednesday night I filled up the bike, and vowed to ride it to work on Friday – I started the bike up, ran it up and down a little, and let it tick-over – All fine. Thursday night – I went to the garage to test run the bike, so that I could ride it in today…. NOTHING – Not a bleeding peep. – I Kicked it over lots, I ran along with it in second gear and tried to bump start it, I even sat on it, rolled down a hill, got up to a reasonable speed and still…… NOTHING…. NOTHING.

I pushed the bike back up the hill to the garage, went indoors and watched TV –

I’m no mechanic at the best of times, but I don’t stand a hope in hell in pitchdark!

So I drove….. Alright!!!

On the upside – It is pouring with rain today – SO, had I ridden the bike, I would have got wet.

No comments: