Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Natterings and random spatterings

The Daily Grind
The urinal at work has this nasty habit of flushing every time I use it. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem…However. Ours tends to disperse the water in a, shall we say – random spray pattern, and inevitably a small part of that spray hits whatever is directly in front of it……..NOW, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see where I’m going with this!

SO – Most times after a wee, I wander down to the kitchen to get myself a small plastic cup full of coffee, in the hopes that by the time I get back to the office, the little dappled pattern on my trousers will have gone.

Anyway, just before writing this, I went again, and as if by magic, the flush didn’t start, unfortunately, this time, my dick decided to go for the random spray pattern for a brief moment.

Now I’m drinking another little plastic cup of coffee.

The Motorcycle Diary

There is a large company soon moving on to the Business Park where I work – As a result the traffic situation in the evenings is going to go from being not very good, to being really, really not very good at all! – My wife has to leave for work, pretty much as soon as I get home, so I can’t really afford to be late. So, the answer is a motorcycle.

I used to ride a motorbike a long time ago – (Pretty bad smash a little over 20 years ago almost cost me an arm, but I digress). Then I got myself a real bike – 1958 BSA A10, easily pulled a ton, and sounded like it too – Vroom Vroom.

Eventually got round to taking a test and haven’t really ridden since – That was about 12 years ago. I’ve had a succession of cars between times, from 1950’s classics, a 1940 Plymouth custom and a few regular daily modern runners. Now I’ve bought myself a little Honda CB 200. It is MOT’d, taxed and insured, I’ve got a real license, and I’m currently trying to resolve a problem of rust inside the fuel tank – I think that will stop it from cutting out whenever I try to ride it more than five miles!
More to come…………and the clock is ticking!

No comments: