Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tales from the border

Music
Today’s track (and it should have been my first really, given the name of my Blog) is Aretha Franklin – Soulville, wonderful track it is, and one that you should certainly try to find if you’ve never heard it. Recorded for the Columbia label, before she moved on to Atlantic, and without doubt, the best she did for the Columbia label.

The Motorcycle Diary
I did something very drastic at the weekend – Gardening – (believe it or not, this has nothing to do with the motorcycle diary, I just threw it in to add to the mountign confussion) – We have a border which is about 100 ft x 7ft deep, It was full of well established shrubs and bushes. It was also full of bind-weed and brambles. No matter what I did, I could not get rid of the bind weed and brambles, being intertwined so thoroughly with all the other plants….. So I took the following view. I’ll cut the bloody lot down to ground level, then see what survives….. I’ve since spoken to a real gardener, and he has suggested what will survive. – I’m sure you don’t need more than 3 guesses to work out two of them!


I think the Budleah might come back, and that’s only because I have no idea how to spell it! – The Old English Rose , which was massive – (and quite easy to spell.) is unlikely to recover. The others I don’t know if I can spell or not, I have no idea what they were called!



This – believe it or not, is one of the ways my obsessional behaviour manifests itself sometimes – (Cutting down the garden I mean, not writing about it, although that is indeed another result.) – I once noticed that some of my spanners and screwdrivers were grubby, so I set about cleaning them all in my parents kitchen. I brought my entire toolkit indoors, along with a drip tray full of petrol – whence I sat on the floor, emptied the toolbox into a big pile on my left, then carefully took each tool, cleaned it thoroughly with petrol and paper-towels, before putting it back in the tool box – It took me hours, and the whole house smelled of petrol! – Not Good!

Thought For The Day
How long is a fart allowed to stay sticky before it is classed as a “Shit-myself ‘ave you?” – (that’s best if you can think or talk in a Welsh accent!)

My Current Obsession
SNIP
This – believe it or not, is one of the ways my obsessional behaviour manifests itself sometimes – (Cutting down the garden I mean, not writing about it, although that is indeed another result.) – I once noticed that some of my spanners and screwdrivers were grubby, so I set about cleaning them all in my parents kitchen. I brought my entire toolkit indoors, along with a drip tray full of petrol – whence I sat on the floor, emptied the toolbox into a big pile on my left, then carefully took each tool, cleaned it thoroughly with petrol and paper-towels, before putting it back in the tool box – It took me hours, and the whole house smelled of petrol! – Not Good!

No comments: