Friday, September 09, 2005

How the MARX BROTHERS mirror real life - Today!

The Motorcycle Diary
There is a scene in one of my favourite Marx Brothers films - Duck Soup (why on earth is this film not included in the box set????) – which has become quite relevant to my Motorcycle Diary. HOW? I hear you say – (figuratively speaking of course, I can’t really hear you speaking, from so far away – I heard the tap of your fingers on the keyboard!)….. ANYWAY…….

In the film: - Chico and Harpo have been assigned to follow somebody – (This is my interpretation of it, I haven’t seen the film for a long time, so it’s from memory!, and that’s pretty shocking at the best of times!):

On Tuesday we went to the ball game, but he tricked us, he didn’t show up.
On Wednesday, he went to the ball game, but we fooled him – We didn’t show up
On Thursday, there was no game - None of us showed up…….

Did you shadow him any day – (says exasperated client.)
Of course we did – On shadow day…..(Saturday)

And so it goes on, but how has this any relevance to my bike? – WELL…

For a few days now, I’ve had the tank of my motorbike in the boot of my car, waiting to be rust treated – I’ve flushed it, washed it internally with detergent, and rinsed it.
On Tuesday I had the tank, but forgot the Fertan
On Wednesday I forgot to do it during my lunch hour at work
On Thursday, I don’t get a lunch hour at work – so couldn’t do it anyway
On Friday, I remembered to bring the Fertan in, but took the tank out of my car before I came to work…….

Tomorrow is Shadow day!

Rant and Rave about nothing of importance!

I just got all rattled up about something – posted a brief comment on somebody else’s blog – (hotrodgyrl.), but thought I wanted to chuck it into my own melting pot as well.

Von Dutch
A while back I was checking through Google to find pictures or details of Ed Roth, Von Dutch and other hot rodding heroes, and what do I find? – Nada, nothing, dooooodelly Squat, zilch – anything of interest that is, just endless links to people selling over-priced tee shirts….. what’s That all about EH?
I look through links to other people interested in Von Dutch, what do I find? – little girls, listing Von Dutch amongst their interests…….. what’s to be interested in then girls? – Is it as the creator of Rat Fink, as the drag race driver who co-starred in Dragstrip Girl, As the man who made pretty flat wheelcovers ? – NO – It’s just a name on a tee shirt isn’t it! – You might as well put under interests –Wearing clothes, underpants, socks,


Ahhh – that feels better- You can now go back to enjoying a normal service

PS – I don’t profess to know anything about anything – so don’t ask difficult questions,

1 comment:

Catnapping said...

This whole page was a great read! Thank you.

Cat