Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Deadline approacheth

The Motorcycle Diary
So – We are nearly at the end of the week – Deadline for getting the bike on the road. Last night I filled the newly fitted, de-rusted fuel tank, and fired the little Honda up. It runs OK, tick-over seems OK, but I might need to fine tune the carb – Maybe I’ll ride to work tomorrow. – If all goes well, I’ll clean the car up and put that up for sale – Jolly good, just in time to enjoy the bracing chilly winter mornings!

Just seen another bike – 550cc chopper……NICE! – I’ll see how much the A7 ends at to gauge how much I can plough into the chop! – Perhaps I’ll get in training by holding ice cubes under my arm-pits. At the moment the chop appears to have straight bars on, but IF I do end up with it, I’ll want to swap them out for a set of high risers.

Music
I’m not posting a track today, but I will let you know about a little Gem on the DATE Label. Peaches & Herb – Cupid / Venus - Now when I bought this recently, I figured that it must be an EP, when I received it, I noticed that there was no dead wax between the 2 tracks - well that makes DJ’ing with it fun, lining up the second track on an EP, does depend to some degree on there being some indication of where one track ends and the other starts……. But , no matter, I’m not really DJ’ing now anyway… So I played it. How silly could I have been, just because it lists 2 separate tracks, giving each it’s writers credits, (seperteley) one above the other, doesn’t mean that they would separate the two songs – Obvious really that Peaches would sing one., while Herb sings the other….. AT THE SAME TIME!!!! - Believe it or not, it actually works!


Just lost out on a few nice soul platters, Don Gardner, Shirley Matthews, Vicki Anderson, I’m bidding on another one at the *moment, but it’s going up and up and up – current financial position isn’t really conducive to collecting Northern 45’s! – Especially if I’m also thinking of getting another bike …….. Ooops, just picked up a few – the Anglos, Robert Parker – (Happy Feet), and Clay Hammond – (Dance Little Girl) – I can tell you about those because they are now confirmed sales, and none of you can outbid me......Ha ha ha!!!! I was trying for a copy of (* Mack Starr’s – down By The Waterhole, which is a stunning double header…..BUT I just can’t justify a minimum of $200, no really I can’t…. I keep telling myself, and eventually I’ll believe it!)I can tell you about those because I can't afford to go any higher......Boo hoo hoo!!!!
PS - If anybody out there has a copy of Mack Starr's ...Waterhole (original of course, and in near mint condition), that I can have for $2.75, I'd like to hear from you! - PS, the price above includes any incurred carriage charges :)

No comments: