Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Motorcycle Diary
OK -On the bike front, the A7 still has just one bid on it, but that’s cool, there’s still a few days to run. 900 + people have gazed upon it’s naked, semi derelict beauty, and at least 30 are keeping it tagged so that they can view it in the privacy of their own bathrooms!

I’m looking at bigger bikes… Now, don’t get me wrong, the little Honda 200 is an OK bike for going back and forward between home and work, but in an ideal world….. Well, 400cc plus is more my bag. You know what I mean? – a bit more BABABABABABA and less ring ding ding! low seat, forward sets and high bars, that’s what I’m talking about.

Music
I now have a little bit of money in the bank, and another little dollop due in in the near future – I’m waiting to hear back from a chap in America that has 240,000 records to sell – Now is that Vinyl Junkie Heaven or what????? – I’m not in any position to buy all of them – (that would cost me about the same as buying 2 medium size houses in the UK), but I’m hoping to bring them over in bundles of 100-200 then sell some on to other soul fans. Trouble is, the chap has moved house, and I’m waiting to hear back from him. There’s another bundle of singles (500) which is currently sitting at a little under $1,000…….. Hmmmmm – Tempted I are! – BUT, that would be ALL of the money from the A7 if it sells at the current price. Part of me thinks it’s a no-no……. but there’s a little bit of Homer Simpson in me which is saying…..”Hmmmmmm Do-nut’s”.

By the by - My track for today is Soulville - Dinah Washington, I haven't heard it yet, but I've just bought a copy, so I'm looking forward to getting that in my sticky mitts!

Comments
I See that a few people have ventured into this banal blog of mine – do please leave any comments - good or bad (Especially about old cars, bikes, films, Rockabilly music or 60’s Soul music – I enjoy ploughing through other people’s blogs with a similar interest to my own, so if I can link to you through your comments.. all the better.)

I’m hoping to do a short review of vintage biker films soon – I don’t have many, so it won’t be a long critique. – it also won’t be that good, as a couple of the biker flicks that I do have , should be considered somewhere below B-Movie status…….quite a LONG way below!

and almost finally for today - I'm thinking of putting some CD's together of 'Soul / 60's music, and sending them out with NO track details, but a little questionaire to get folks comments - anybody interested, drop in a comment and I'll get back to you with the full skinny.

AND - I've got a bundle of totally crap CD's, which I would be happy to swap for other things... I'll explain more at a later date - I once did a similar deal wit magazines I was publishing. I didn't make any money on it, but I did swap them for all sorts of weird and wonderful bits of junk. Perhaps in tommorows post I'll do a little run down on that venture!




No comments: