Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Introduction to Soulville

The Daily Grind
Last night on the way home from work – I had loads to fill up a Blog – Inspired by reading the exploits of ‘The Ditch Monkey’…… Today it’s all gone.
I have no idea what I’m doing here – so expect everything to look disorganized and disjointed to start with.
Don’t expect things to change!

Music
My musical tastes are wide and varied – From 1950’s rock’n’roll, right through to 1960’s soul!
Current track is The Coasters – Crazy Baby

The Motorcycle Diary
This will be an ongoing project, about me getting back onto 2 wheels after being car bound for the past 12 years!
I have 3 bikes, none of which appear to be working very well at the moment – (To be honest, two of them are basket cases.) – I need to be riding by the end of this month.
Let’s see if it happens!

The Art Project
WHAT? – You expect me do do somthing with this already? – I’ve only just started for lambs sakes!
You come up with an idea.
For years now I have toyed with the idea of writing a book, I got so far……………
There’s another project but I need some advice from an artist regarding the use of clear resin – (The type used for making paperweights.)

Thought For The Day
Yesterday I lost my wallet, and I was worried - understandably.
But then I thought – It could have been worse: - I could have lost my wallet, the jacket it was in, the chair the jacket was hanging on, the room the chair was in, the house that the room was in, the street where my house is.
I could have lost the Street, the town, even the entire county…..
After that, I felt quite lucky that I had only lost my wallet, and am not living in New Orleans! – It kinda puts things into a different perspective!
My wife found the wallet which had slipped down into the sofa, behind the cushions – After I had phoned the banks and cancelled all my cards! – But then deep down I knew that would happen – In just the same way that I knew that had I not cancelled all my cards somebody else would have found my wallet on the road and spent all the money I haven’t got!

My Current Obsession.
Up until today my obsession was buying and selling records – it may be shifiting, and I don’t know yet what direction the obsession will head in – worrying times….. I’ll explain more about my obsessional behaviour disorder later on.

1 comment:

Jayster said...

So far I have checked, re-checked, spell checked, chequer checked and double checked this blog - As well as checking out other people blogs..... - I guess that confirms that my new obsession is Blog!