Monday, September 19, 2005

The Daily Grind
Pricked all over with a multitude of PINs.

During my first post on this Blog, I mentioned that I lost all my plastic money cards, and had to report them to the bank – (whence they immediately re-appeared.) – I have now received umpteen new cards, along with numerous PIN numbers for each – Being a well trained idiot, I have managed to mix them all up, and as none of them have any identification as to which belongs to which, I’m in a right “how’s yer father!” – I get three attempts at each card before it is either blocked by the bank or works! – ADD to this jolly little financial diversion – I appear to have more numbers than I have cards – that would indicate to me, that amongst the good ones are a couple of red herrings – OH JOY!!!!!!!


The Motorcycle Diary
One Down – One To Go

Last night one of the BSA’s sold – YIP DE DIP – I can now get my bank accounts back into the black……..just! – Trouble is, I can see that I still won’t have access to my money - See above….. But then again, perhaps that’s a good thing! - as a further update, the other BSA, now has a bid on it, things can only get better from this point
I’ve cleaned out the carb on the Honda, and the fuel tank has been Fertan treated to get rid of the rust problem – with a bit f luck, it may be up and running before the end of the week.

Gardening

The Budleah won’t survive – All roots were removed, along with the roots for most of the other shrubs and plants – There is a rhododendron (Christ that one’s even harder to spell than Budleah), that appears to be a fighter, having produced some new growth. – I have now replanted that, in the hopes that my strangley undereducated attempts at gardening may pay off.

Thought For The Day
Quite by chance I stumbled across Richard Pryors Blog – (We both have Catch 22 listed in favorite books.) On arrival I was both excited and disappointed – A Bit like getting to the airport after your plane has flown off! – I’d love to have seen his comments before he passed away. One thing I did notice, which really gave rise to this thought for the day was the comment -” I used to be a comedian.”. A sad line I’m sure you’ll agree on a couple of levels – 1 – that he considered himself a WAS while he as still alive – 2 – That he has since died, and therefore made the statement more true!

I don’t really think that being a film star / TV personality / comedian gives retirement as an option, they are an IS up until the point that they die, and then quite often, still don’t become a WAS. – Being a boxer is a different matter, and once a boxer has retired, they do indeed become a ‘WAS a boxer.’

No comments: